spoken English online

Day 3- English Spoken Course- is,am,are ( Conversation- How Are You? About Yourself)

Dialogue Exercise 1(Verb To be:is,am,are)


Day 3- Spoken English Course- is,am,are ( Conversation- How Are You? About Yourself)

Read the conversations below:
Rohan: Hello, My name is Rohan. What's your name?

Sanju: My name is  Sanju. How are you?
Rohan: I'm fine, and you?
Rohan: Great. Where are you from?
Sanju: I'm from ______.
Rohan: Where is that girl from?

Sanju: She's from my hometown.
Rohan: How old is she?
Sanju: She's 26.

The above conversations used the verb "to be." Now look at the  Grammar charts of the verb "to be" to help you better understand it and use it in conversation. 
"To be" can be used in a positive context, a negative context or to ask questions.
Positive
Iamfrom Canada
He,
She,
It
isfrom Singapore.
We,
You,
They
arefrom Malaysia.
Negative
Iam not (I'm not)from Canada.
He,
She,
It
is not (isn't)from Singapore.
We,
You,
They
are not (aren't)from Malaysia.
Questions
WhereamIfrom?
Whereishe,
she,
it
from
Wherearewe,
you,
they
from?

Verb To be Exercise 2


About Yourself:

My name is Jack Graham, and I'm a doctor. My address is 23 Park Avenue, and my Contact number is 777-333-8888. I'm 45 years old, and I'm married. My son, James,  is 10 years old. My wife, Prina , is American. She is a lawyer.



Thank You!

Post a Comment

2 Comments